top of page

MOST A&I India HDPE Import Report Reveals a Diverse Supply Base

While three global suppliers of LLDPE dominate the import market for this resin India, the supply base for HDPE imported into the country is more diverse. Sample data for several months in 2021 indicates four major suppliers (73% combined market share), followed by six Tier II suppliers (15% combined market share) who have pulled away somewhat from the multitude of minor suppliers serving the market. The top ten suppliers command an 88% market share.

Borouge is the clear market leader in terms of volume of HDPE supplied, followed by Chevron Phillips Chemical, Q-Chem, and LyondellBasell Industries. Suppliers in the second tier include Dow Chemical, Equate, Arya Sasol Petrochemical, Jam Petrochemical, ExxonMobil Chemical, and SABIC.

Reflecting the diverse conversion processes of HDPE resin, blown film, blow molding, injection molding and pipe extrusion are key processes, followed by pipe coating and wire & cable compounds. Major applications include drums, bags, liners, pipe and steel pipe coating.

Image: MLT Analytics

Please contact us at for more information and sample data.


bottom of page